A woman goes through many changes and through many cycles over her entire lifetime. From puberty to menopause, a woman’s body is in constant flux. Traditional Chinese Medicine – Acupuncture and Chinese Herbs – can be effectively used by a skilled practitioner to restore a woman’s energetic balance, vitality, and health.
Acupuncture is recognized as a powerful and effective treatment for infertility, but it is also very useful in treating many other conditions pertaining to women’s wellness, including the symptoms of PMS – bloating, cramping, irritability, breast distention – as well as the symptoms of menopause – hot flashes, night sweats, mood fluctuations, ringing in the ears, insomnia, constipation, etc..
We have also successfully treated many conditions such as PCOS or Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, Endometriosis, Cysts, Fibroids, Amenorrhea (absence of periods) and Dysmenorrhea (painful periods), to name a few.
Some of the many conditions we can treat with acupuncture and Chinese herbs are listed below.
Acupuncture Can Effectively Treat the following Gynecological Conditions:
- Menstruation – Dysmenorrhea (Painful Periods), Amenorrhea (No Periods), Irregular Cycles (Long and Short Menstrual Cycles), Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD), Menorrhagia (Heavy or Long Periods), Premenstrual Syndrome – PMS, Acne, Irritability, Bloating, Breast Distention, Cramping, and Depression – Most patients find relief within one or two cycles. Acupuncture and Chinese herbs work extremely well at regulating a woman’s cycle and easing the symptoms often associated with PMS.
- Uterus – Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids (There are many Natural Remedies for Fibroids), Abnormal Bleeding, Vaginal Discharge.
- Infertility – due to Ovulatory, Cervical, Uterine and Tubal Factors (Blocked Fallopian Tubes), Hormonal Inbalance, High FSH levels, Unexplained Infertility.
- Pregnancy – Morning sickness (nausea), Miscarriage Prevention, Postpartum Depression, Post-Term Pregnancy, Abnormal Positions of the Fetus (breach), Natural Labor, Pain Relief, Delayed Labor, Uterine Contractions, Hemorrhoids, Constipation.
- Dealing with Menopause Symptoms – Hot Flashes, Night Sweats, Ringing in the Ears (Tinnutis), Insomnia, Irregular Bleeding, Mood Swings, Vaginal Atrophy, Constipation, Loss of Libido, Migraine Headache.
- Chronic Pains – (PID) Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, Menstrual Cramps, Dyspareunia (painful intercourse), Dysmenorrhea (painful menstruation), Low Back Pain (Menstrual), Vaginismus (Involuntary Contraction).
- Ovary – Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome – PCOS, Ovarian Cysts, (POF) Premature Ovarian Failure.
If you are among the 4.5 million couples experiencing infertility each year, you know the sadness, anxiety, and frustration that can result from constantly trying to conceive without success. You struggle every day with the yearning to have what seems to come so naturally to other couples. In your darkest moment, you may wonder if holding a baby in your arms will ever become a reality.
The good news is acupuncture may help. In the past decade, there has been clinical research suggesting that acupuncture can improve the success rate from IUI and IVF by 26-50% without side effects. Recently, there was a clinical study about acupuncture on IVF-ET in patients with lower ovarian reserves. The study was a total of 63 patients divided into a treatment group of 30 (with acupuncture) and a control group of 33 (w/o acupuncture). Compared with the control group, levels of E2, number of retrieved oocytes, number of fertilization and number of high quality embryos were all increased in the treatment group (all P < 0.05). Also, the implantation rate and the clinical pregnancy rate were improved (both P < 0.01) and the cycle cancellation rate was reduced (P< 0.01). [Effects of “menstrual cycle-based acupuncture therapy” on IVF-ET in patients with decline in ovarian reserve, Zhongguo Zhen Jiu. 2016 Jan;36(1):25-8]. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26946729.
For infertility, acupuncture may be just what the doctor ordered.
Our focus is on healing the underlying cause of infertility. We focus on greatly enhancing your reproductive function and also help you to achieve greater overall physical and mental health.
Acupuncture may increase fertility by reducing stress, increasing blood flow to the reproductive organs and balancing the endocrine system, according to several studies and medical research. Acupuncture practitioners believe that meridians conduct qi, or energy, between the surface of the body and internal organs. It is qi that regulates spiritual, emotional, mental and physical balance. Acupuncture helps to keep the normal flow of this energy unblocked, thereby increasing a couple’s chances of conceiving. Among many other benefits, acupuncture may increase the chance to conceive, carry a pregnancy to delivery and to have a healthy baby.