Robert F. Lenahan D. Ac., C.A., P.A.
Robert Lenahan was the First Licensed Acupuncturist in New Jersey and is currently a licensed Certified Acupuncturist in New Jersey, California, Oregon, Florida and New York. His experience has been applied in continual practice in the field of Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine since opening his practice in Point Pleasant, New Jersey in 1976.
His education in the field of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine includes studying under Dr. James Tin Yau So, Dr J.D. Van Buren and Dr. William Yu Lin Fan. He is a graduate of the International College of Oriental Medicine in Sussex, England, the Occidental Institute of Chinese Studies in Quebec, Canada and Graduated with the first graduating class of The New England School of Acupuncture.
Mr. Lenahan was the author of the Legislation (S-762) to license Acupuncture in NJ as a recognized medical profession and participated in all legislative activity of the NJ Acupuncture Association, including testimony before Senate and Assembly Committees of the NJ Legislature (1980-2005).
Appointed and elected positions held by Robert F. Lenahan include the following:
- Chairman of the original New Jersey Acupuncture Examining Board for 17 years (1983-1999/ 2001-2002)
- Chairman of the New Jersey Acupuncture Examining Board Examination Committee (1983-2005)
- Member of the NJ Acupuncture Examining Board for 22 years (1983-2005)
- Reappointed to the NJ Acupuncture Examining Board by four NJ Governors
- Board Member of the American Associates of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine (1983-1987)
- President of the NJ Register of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine (1980-1990)
- Board Member of the NJ Acupuncture Association (1983-1990)
- Member of the Federation of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine Regulatory Agency (FAOMRA) (2000- 2005)
Robert is the proud father of seven children including twins born in June 2009.